BCCI demands $42m in damages from WICB
sdavmor
2014-11-01 16:58:14 UTC
<http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/current/story/795001.html>

How long before WICB files for bankruptcy? They don't have $42 in the
bank let alone 42 million.
--
SDM a 21st century schizoid man in SoCal
Systems Theory website www.systemstheory.net
Through The Looking Glass radio show at www.deepnuggets.com
willsutton
2014-11-02 05:04:28 UTC
its one way to throttle the golden goose
Mike Holmans
2014-11-02 14:20:04 UTC
On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 09:58:14 -0700, sdavmor
Post by sdavmor
<http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/current/story/795001.html>
How long before WICB files for bankruptcy? They don't have $42 in the
bank let alone 42 million.
One wonders what the BCCI is really up to here. They aren't completely
stupid and they are well aware that WICB don't have any money and
won't be able to pay.

There's an ICC meeting next week. I therefore suspect that what's
really going on is that the BCCI want ICC to intervene and install a
WICB which is going to get a grip on things.

I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. What's unsettling is the idea
that the BCCI might manouevre to install BCCI-friendly regimes in as
many countries as possible, but the WICB has been a shambles for years
and could do with some sorting out.

Cheers,

Mike
alvey
2014-11-02 20:25:26 UTC
Post by sdavmor
<http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/current/story/795001.html>
How long before WICB files for bankruptcy? They don't have $42 in the
bank let alone 42 million.
One wonders what the BCCI is really up to here. They aren't completely
stupid and they are well aware that WICB don't have any money and
won't be able to pay.
There's an ICC meeting next week. I therefore suspect that what's
really going on is that the BCCI want ICC to intervene and install a
WICB which is going to get a grip on things.
I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. What's unsettling is the idea
that the BCCI might manouevre to install BCCI-friendly regimes in as
many countries as possible, but the WICB has been a shambles for years
and could do with some sorting out.
Two flaws there I'd opine Mikey:

1. I doubt very much that the ICC has the power to "install a WICB".
2. The Bullies don't need any more stooges at the big table.

I suspect that they just want the money. Prolly from the ICC.

alvey
jzfredricks
2014-11-03 03:13:44 UTC
IF not in cash, then in perhaps a bigger window for domestic T20, so they can "make up for the lost cash".
arahim
2014-11-04 16:48:32 UTC
Post by sdavmor
<http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/current/story/795001.html>
How long before WICB files for bankruptcy? They don't have $42 in the
bank let alone 42 million.
One wonders what the BCCI is really up to here. They aren't completely
stupid and they are well aware that WICB don't have any money and
won't be able to pay.
There's an ICC meeting next week. I therefore suspect that what's
really going on is that the BCCI want ICC to intervene and install a
WICB which is going to get a grip on things.
I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. What's unsettling is the idea
that the BCCI might manouevre to install BCCI-friendly regimes in as
many countries as possible, but the WICB has been a shambles for years
and could do with some sorting out.
Traditionally the blocks have gone this way historically...since the 70s...

NZ and WI deferred to Eng and Aus.
Ind and Pak were trying to gain a foot hold. Then they got SL. Eventually breaking the MCC stranglehold.

Since the return of SA and additions of Zim and BD there came to be the asian block of Ind, Pak, SL, BD to counter Eng, Aus, NZ, WI grouping.

Things happened ... the Eng/Aus group did not want to fulfil commitments in Zim. That left Zim on the Asian side but in general this grouping was much looser than the Eng/Aus grouping.

With the money situation in Ind. Ind, Eng, and Aus came together with Aus/Eng bringing along their partners and Ind bringing along Zim and BD. SA, SL, Pak tried to hold the non-aligned line but once SA fell it was over.

However, the Eng, Aus, NZ, WI grouping remained. While Ind has BD, Zim, SL. If WICB becomes more beholden to BCCI there may be a basic shift of WI towards Ind.

What was interesting in the BCCI statement was ...
"The WICB is also aware that each National Board is committed to touring each other in a given period such that the schedule of tours between each of the Boards is fixed 8 years in advance. Such touring obligations are on a reciprocal basis so as to reflect not only fairness in ranking but also equal opportunity to each Board. As such, given the limited windows of opportunity and the long-term schedule of tours as between the National Cricket Boards, rescheduling of Tours within the 8-year period becomes impossible."

Things which BCCI (and others) have been guilty of in the past with impunity. Basically Aus/Eng not touring Zim (before putting the test matches on ice for Zim) and Ind not holding to the Pak series. None of them ever gave up ranking points either.
Post by Mike Holmans
Cheers,
Mike